Sample questions (Yes/No):
- Are currently working while taking classes at HPU?
- Do you find it difficult to manage your work and school schedules?
- Does the way you manage currently your schedule make it hard to find time to relax, enjoy Hawaii, and participate in student organizations?
- Do you feel the registration/semester schedule tool on HPU's Pipeline is effective when determining your schedule for each semester?
Setting: To be determined
Interview with IT Department: During the interview with the IT Department I would would ask questions but not assume that they want to work on my project. They could possibly have a similar idea already in the works and just need some help to make it happen.
Some questions I would ask after pitching my idea briefly:
- Would it be possible for a student to make alterations or extend parts of HPU's Pipeline?
- How many students do think work full or part time and attend school here?
- Would you be willing to take a look at the survey I conducted? (Hopefully, I have some convincing numbers)
- Could a student organization use this tool to help organize events and activities for its members to better foster participation?
- Do you think adding a scheduling tool to Pipeline's registration section that handles both work and academic schedules would be beneficial to the students, Academic Advisors, and student organizations? (In support of HPU's mission?)
- Do you know what channels I would need to go through in order to make this happen? (i.e. the Registrar)
- Hopefully more questions...